Kitchen-Bath Design and Consulting 3 Step System
Listen. Create. Satisfy.
How do we help you? Here’s our design and consulting 3 step system. It’s not just a list of tasks. It’s a promise to do everything humanly possible to make your remodeling project enjoyable and successful. Your unique needs and your honest feedback are what motivates me. In other words, I need you as much as you need me. Together, we can make a fantastic team. I offer my talents, learned skills, and years of experience to help you achieve your building and remodeling goals.
“Diane was a pleasure to work with. She listened carefully to all our ideas and came up with a dynamic kitchen and dining room design that fit my needs completely! She never lost her cool even when I called her at the last minute and said I needed an under counter microwave on the bar. She simply said, “Let’s see what I can do” and she increased the size and shape of our smoothie bar to make it work! Her total design was beautiful and when friends walk into my house the first time, they usually stop, look and exclaim ‘Wow!'” [David and Mary H. – Sweet Home]
Consulting (Step #1) — Getting to Know Each Other:
- No charge, unless you want specific consultation
- Lasts 1-1/2 to 2 hours
- Tour your home (inside and out)
- Talk about your remodeling goals, priorities, budget, and your target completion date
Customized Proposal (Step #2) — Proof That I Listened (And Understood):
- Create a detailed proposal, including:
- A recap of our first meeting
- Your target budget
- Your target completion date
- All professional design and consulting services, maximum fee, and payment information
Most designers want you to “sign on the dotted line” at the first meeting. They’ll give you one or two plans for a fee, but will want more money for more complete plans. I work with you, and prepare detailed plans that reflect what you want for a fee that I guarantee in writing. No “upselling,” no change orders (unless you request additional services). I help you select the right products for your home, your needs, and your budget; I DO NOT sell products, ever. I do not pay or receive referral fees or any other kickbacks.
Design and Consulting (Step #3) — To Help You Hit Your Targets:
- Take measurements (accurate up to 1/16th inch)
- Prepare as-built plans
- Design your kitchen, bathroom, addition, or accessory dwelling unit. This includes:
- Create proposed plans and elevations
- Generate unlimited renderings and perspectives, so you can visualize results
- Meet with you at your convenience, evenings, weekends, at your home, my office, or at showrooms; virtual meetings are a great tool
- Meet with contractors and suppliers
- Communicate with you, your contractors, and suppliers either in person, emails and/or phone calls (7am-9pm, 7 days a week)
- Recommend trusted contractors, products, and suppliers
- Find the right products for your lifestyle, preferences, and budget — I do not sell products!
- Prepare detailed final plans and coordinate construction with you, your contractor, trade contractors, and suppliers. Final Plans include:
- Title page with property and project information
- Floor Plans: as-built, demolition-framing, and proposed
- Elevations of every wall in your project
- Notes and details to communicate what you want
- Specifications for every product that you’ve selected:
- Doors, skylights, and windows
- Plumbing fixtures
- Light fixtures, outlets, and switches
- Surface finishes:
- Ceiling and wall texture and colors
- Moldings: crown, casing, and baseboard
- Countertops, backsplashes, tub and shower surrounds
Watch this video to learn about how I design a kitchen
Successful Vancouver kitchen remodel achieved with our Design and Consulting 3-Step System
Design and Consulting Goals and Guarantee
Your satisfaction with honest communication, information, and creativity is my #1 goal. That’s why I developed the logical “Design and Consulting 3 Step System.”
UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE: If I don’t give you a valid reason* for a recommendation, you will receive a free consultation for each and every oversight.
*What is a valid reason? It has to relate to you and your project. It has to be honest. It has to be based on actual knowledge, training, and experience.
*What isn’t a valid reason: “This is the way it’s always done.”
Your project (and everything that relates to it) is all about you: Your unique budget, goals, lifestyle, and needs. I’m not satisfied until you’re satisfied!
There are many possibilities and opportunities, but there’s one that’s right for you. Helping you to find the right option will create a positive difference in your home and your life.
“See the Possibilities. Create a Positive Difference.”
Do you have questions about the process, how we’re different from other design professionals? Use the easy contact form below, or give me a call: 503-632-8801