Listen. Inform. Create. Satisfy.
Following is an outline of our design process, but it’s not just a list of tasks. It’s a promise to do everything humanly possible to make the process enjoyable and successful for you. Without your unique needs to satisfy and your honest feedback, I’d be forced to design in a vacuum. In other words, I need you as much as you need me. I gratefully and humbly offer my God-given talents, learned skills, and years of experience to help you achieve your building and remodeling goals.
- No charge, unless Homeowners want specific consultation
- Lasts 1-1/2 to 2 hours
- Tour your home (inside and out)
- Talk about your remodeling goals, priorities, budget, and your target completion date
- Detailed proposal, including:
- A recap of the first meeting
- Target budget
- Target completion date
- All professional services, maximum fee, and payment information
Most designers want you to “sign on the dotted line” at the first meeting. They’ll give you one or two plans for a fee, but will want more money for more complete plans. I work with you, and prepare detailed plans that reflect what you want for a fee that I guarantee in writing. No “upselling,” no change orders (unless you request additional services). I help you select the right products for your home, your needs, and your budget; I DO NOT sell products, ever. I do not pay or receive referral fees or any other kickbacks.
Design and Consultation Services Included:
- Take measurements (accurate up to 1/16th inch)
- Prepare as-built and proposed plans, which include elevations, renderings and perspectives, for you to visualize results
- Meet with you at your convenience, evenings, weekends, at your home, my office, or at showrooms; virtual meetings are a great tool
- Meet with contractors and suppliers
- Communicate with you, your contractors, and suppliers either in person, emails and/or phone calls (7am-9pm, 7 days a week)
- Recommend trusted contractors, products, and suppliers; I never sell products!
- Prepare detailed final plans and coordinate construction with you, your contractor, trade contractors, and suppliers. Final Plans include:
- Title page with property and project information
- Dimensioned as-built, demolition-framing, and proposed floor plans
- Dimensioned elevations of every wall in your project
- Notes and details to communicate what you want
- Specifications for every product that you’ve selected:
- Doors, skylights, and windows
- Plumbing fixtures
- Light fixtures, outlets, and switches
- Surface finishes:
- Ceiling and wall texture and colors
- Moldings: crown, casing, and baseboard
- Countertops, backsplashes, tub and shower surrounds
Your satisfaction with D. P. Design’s communication, information, and creativity is our #1 goal. It’s all about you: Your unique budget, goals, and lifestyle.
“See the Possibilities. Create a Positive Difference.”
Do you have questions about the process, how we’re different from other design professionals? Use the easy contact form below, or give D. P. Design a call: 503-632-8801