Our Creative Design Process And Services
Listen. Inform. Create. Delight.
Following is an outline of our creative design process, but it’s not just a list of tasks. It’s a promise to do everything humanly possible to make the process enjoyable and successful for you. This is critical now when the Covid-19 pandemic affects everything we do. If we come to your home, we wear a mask and surgical gloves and maintain the required 6′ separation. We can easily design at a distance and have “virtual” meetings. Your safety and security are important to you, and they’re important to us! I offer my God-given talents, learned skills, and years of experience to help you achieve your building and remodeling goals. My goal is to work with you, for you, for the benefit of everyone who lives in your home now or visits your home in the future.
- No charge, unless you want specific consultation
- Lasts 1-1/2 to 2 hours
- Tour your home (inside and out)
- Talk about your remodeling goals, priorities, budget, and your target completion date
Update — New Services!
Since the pandemic arrived in our country and sheltering-in-place became the normal way of life for all of us, I am offering virtual meetings and design services! If you’re comfortable with in-person meetings, I promise to always wear an N-95 mask and surgical gloves.
Your family’s safety and comfort is my #1 goal, always. For sure, the pandemic is the biggest challenge the U.S. has faced in over 100 years, but we can creatively deal with this challenge.
Using Zoom, you can see virtual-reality perspectives of your remodeled home, and give me feedback to achieve your goals. Because I use sophisticated computer-aided-drafting software, I can also send everything to you by email, a service I’ve provided to my clients, their contractors, and suppliers for over 25 years.
- Detailed proposal, including:
- A recap of the first meeting
- Target budget
- Target completion date
- A list of all professional services
- Maximum fee and payment information
Many designers want you to “sign on the dotted line” at the first meeting. They’ll give you one or two plans for a fee but will want more money for more complete plans.
I work with you and prepare detailed plans that reflect what you want for a fee that I guarantee in writing. No “upselling,” no change orders (unless you request additional services).
I help you select the right products for your home, your budget, and your needs. I DO NOT sell products, ever. I do not pay or receive referral fees or any other kickbacks.
Creative Design Process
- Take “as-built” measurements (accurate up to 1/16th inch) and reference photographs
- Prepare as-built and proposed plans that include:
- Interior elevations of all walls and features in the project
- Renderings and perspectives, to help you to visualize results
- Meet with you at your convenience (evenings, weekends, at your home, my office, or at showrooms); virtual meetings are a great tool
- Meet with contractors and suppliers
- Recommend trusted contractors, products, and suppliers
- Communicate with you, your contractors, and suppliers either in person, emails and/or phone calls (7am-9pm, 7 days a week)
- Prepare detailed final plans and coordinate construction with you, your contractor, trade contractors, and suppliers.
- New homes
- Decks and outdoor kitchens
- Furniture arrangement
- Virtual design and meetings (see Update above)
Remember, I never sell products! I do recommend products (and suppliers), and help you make informed decisions about the scope of your project and the products you select! My goal is to keep my fee as low as possible while providing you top-quality service, working with only four clients at a time, so I can provide the personalized service you deserve. I’m available for phone calls from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. I schedule one meeting per day, virtual or in-person, on a first-scheduled basis.
Your satisfaction with D. P. Design’s communication, information, and creativity is our #1 goal. It’s all about you: Your unique budget, goals, and lifestyle.
“See the Possibilities. Create a Positive Difference.”
Do you have questions about our design process, how we’re different from other design professionals? I’ve just created a blog that answers five frequently-asked questions about designers’ fees, and gives you two examples of my professional fee. Use the easy contact form below, or give a call today: 503-632-8801