What Remodeling Plans Are, and How They Can Help You
If you’re thinking about, or planning to remodel your home, this article will help you. You’ll understand how detailed remodeling plans can help you achieve the best results and reduce chances for costly mistakes. You’ve heard the quote, “Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.” So true, especially regarding home remodeling plans. This information applies to every type of home improvement project:
- Turn-key: all labor provided by a contractor.
- Partial D-I-Y: specific labor provided by trade specialists, as needed.
- Full D-I-Y: all labor provided by homeowners.
WHAT ARE DETAILED PLANS?
- Translation of everything you want, spoken in contractors’ terms.
- Dimensioned schematic drawings drafted to scale, usually 1/4” per foot, or 1/2” per foot. Larger scale allows details to be shown more clearly.
- Visual “GPS” that gives accurate directions, so everyone gets to the desired destination.
- Scale and dimensions accurate to 1/8 inch. (more…)