Contemporary Craftsman Bathroom Plus Closet Addition
The contemporary craftsman bathroom + closet addition was created because Homeowners had several problems with the original all-white traditional bathroom:
- The tub was never used (but needed to be cleaned regularly); a two-person shower replaced the tub, with slate accent tiles around the windows.
- White lavatory cabinets (with white tile countertops) had small drawers, bad storage; new cherry cabinets were custom designed to maximize storage of personal-care products.
- The existing shower-toilet room could accommodate only one person at a time; it became the new laundry room, accessible from the adjacent main hallway.
- The walk-in closet was too small; an unused attic became the new 300-square-foot walk-in closet, with custom back-to-back drawers dividing the two areas for the couple.
- Special bonus: The existing closet became a new hallway to access the new walk-in closet and a new private mezzanine den for the couple over the living room.
This project won the Master Design Award for Best Interior Addition. There are links to other areas in this project below the photos.
Other rooms included in this project:
Master Bath, Before and After
Lav and Window Detail